SOCIAL HOUSE® Vodka Celebrates World Paloma Day
May 22nd is World Paloma Day and SOCIAL HOUSE® Vodka is celebrating! We’re taking the classic Paloma recipe and making our own spinoff, SOCIAL HOUSE® style. The Paloma is a classic cocktail from Mexico and little is known about its origins. However, many believe that the name, La Paloma, was derived from an old folk song written in the 1860s titled La Paloma (The Dove).
The Paloma drink that we all know and love has strong notes of grapefruit juice (or grapefruit soda, if you prefer), sweetness from the agave, a sour bite from the lime, and a kick of salt and spice accredited to the Tajin rim. While the tourists prefer the margarita, the paloma is the preferred drink of Mexican locals.
At SOCIAL HOUSE®, we want to celebrate World Paloma Day by switching up the classic recipe. Using SOCIAL HOUSE® Vodka, we crafted the perfect vodka paloma recipe. Our take on this recipe incorporates specially crafted North Carolina vodka and the finest fresh ingredients to create an extraordinary taste of Mexico right from your kitchen. Are you imagining a tall, cold glass of Mexico’s finest cocktail on a nice summer afternoon? Let us turn your dreams into reality. Check out the recipe below to craft your own SOCIAL HOUSE® Paloma cocktail!
- 2 oz. SOCIAL HOUSE® Vodka
- 2 oz. Grapefruit juice, and a few grapefruit wedges for garnish
- 2 oz. Club soda
- ½ oz. Freshly squeezed lime juice
- ¼ oz. Agave nectar (or simple syrup)
- Tajin seasoning, for the rim of your glass
Now that you’ve got your ingredients, it’s time to get mixing!
- First, let's dress your glass. Rub a grapefruit wedge around the rim of the glass, fully coating the area in which to add the seasoning. Dip the glass in a small plate of tajin seasoning or salt.
- Add the tequila, grapefruit juice, club soda, freshly squeezed lime juice, and agave nectar into a shaker filled with ice.
- Shake the ingredients together thoroughly until you have a perfectly concocted mixture.
- Place strainer on top of the mix.
- Carefully pour your SOCIAL HOUSE® Vodka Paloma into your decorated glass.
- Don’t forget to add fresh ice cubes and a grapefruit wedge for garnish!
- And of course… repeat as needed ;)
While many think that the Paloma is a stripped down version of the margarita, SOCIAL HOUSE® likes to think of the two classic drinks as cousins. The paloma carries a sweet yet subtle bitter kick from the grapefruit soda. The lime of the margarita presents a more undeniable punch of sour notes from the lime. Despite the debate between the two, we don’t think you can go wrong with either!
SOCIAL HOUSE® Vodka’s spin on the world famous Paloma takes a slightly different route than your usual paloma. With the smooth notes from our premium North Carolina vodka, the SOCIAL HOUSE® Paloma taste pivots to a slightly more refreshing, soothing drink. The silky soft feel of our craft vodka transforms the Paloma into a uniquely invigorating sip of sunshine.
Did you Make This Recipe?
We want to see your creations using your new favorite North Carolina Vodka. If you made this recipe, please tag us and use the hashtag #SocialHouseVodka so we can give you a like! We love to see what new recipes you come up with using SOCIAL HOUSE® Vodka!
SOCIAL HOUSE® Vodka | Eastern NCSOCIAL HOUSE® Vodka invites you to try the premium taste of our North Carolina vodka. Our finest vodka is made in small batches to ensure that you are receiving the highest quality product available. Quality is the number one most important factor when distilling vodka, and our promise to you is that at SOCIAL HOUSE®, our vodka is intentionally crafted with care. As the leader in craft vodka in North Carolina, our hope is that we continue to satisfy our customers and craft a quality spirit that you can enjoy. We hope that you enjoy your SOCIAL HOUSE® Paloma cocktail, and don’t forget to tag us and use the hashtag #SocialHouseVodka! Visit our website for more information on how our handcrafted vodka is made.